Now I know I haven't written in a long time, but I'm still getting used to this blogging stuff. I thought I'd write about something that I bake a few times a month, banana bread. I bake this a lot because we always end up with bananas that are too over ripe for me to eat. I love green bananas but not the ripe ones so much. So this is perfect for using these up and they don't go to waste. Banana bread works best with over ripe bananas. it is sooo easy to make as well :). here is the recipe I like to use.
250g plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
115g dark brown soft sugar
2 eggs, beaten
500g mashed over-ripe bananas
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Lightly grease a 23x13cm loaf tin.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
4. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
5. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour mxture into prepared loaf tin.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a knife inserted into centre of the loaf comes out clean. Leave to cool in tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire cooling rack.
I hope you like the recipie and it turns out well for you although like i said this is a very easy thing to bake and the results are often very impressive :). Let me know how it goes
Lots of love
Meg xFollow me via Bloglovin or Come say hi on Twitter